A new edition of the progressive rock masterpiece from 1972, the first in a series of Yes albums to get the deluxe remix treatment. Featuring new stereo and 5.1 surround sound mixes by Steven Wilson from the original multitrack reels, and transferred flat at 96K/24 bit. Also included are a flat transfer of the original stereo mix, instrumental mixes, and other bonus material.
Presented in a mini vinyl replica gatefold card sleeve with booklet featuring new sleeve notes by Sid Smith, along with rare photos and archive material, the album has been mixed for 5.1 Surround Sound from the original studio masters by Steven Wilson and is fully approved by Yes.
The CD features a new stereo album mix, plus a new mix of America and an early mix of Close to the Edge.
Contains original artwork by Roger Dean who has overseen the artwork for this new edition.
The Blu-Ray features:
- 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio Surround (24bit/96khz) mixed from the original multi-channel recordings.
- the new stereo album mix in DTS-HD Master Audio (24bit/96khz).
- the original album mix and America in a DTS-HD Master Audio flat transfers from the original master tape source. (24bit/192khz)
- exclusive instrumental versions of all new mixes in DTS-HD Master Audio stereo (24bit/96khz).
- exclusive needle-drop of an original UK vinyl A1/B1 pressing transferred in 24bit/96khz audio.
- numerous audio extras appear in high-resolution stereo including single edits & studio run throughs of album tracks