16th October will see the release of Oranges & Lemons, the third in a series of remixed & expanded XTC classics. The album has been mixed from the original studio masters by Steven Wilson with input from Andy Partridge, & is fully approved by XTC. The CD features a completely new stereo album mix, while the Blu-Ray features a wealth of content, continuing the “virtual box set on a single disc” concept of the first 2 release in the series, Nonsuch and Drums and Wires:
– Oranges and Lemons 5.1 Surround mix in 24bit/96khz available in LPCM and DTS HD MA
– a new stereo album mix in 24bit/96khz LPCM audio
– instrumental versions of all new stereo mixes in 24bit/96khz LPCM audio
– a flat transfer of the original stereo album mix in 24bit/96khz LPCM audio
– 2 separate sets of demo & work tape sessions showing the evolution of the album & associated recordings
– 1 set of pre-recording rehearsals, promos & ID links for radio stations & record companies
– a collection of single mixes & XTC’s version of Captain Beefheart’s ‘Ella Guru’
– promo films for “The Mayor of Simpleton” (3 versions), “King for a Day” & “The Road to Oranges & Lemons” rarely seen home-made film by the band explaining the album (& themselves!) to Geffen Records USA.
Presented in special packaging with expanded booklet & sleeve-notes by Andy Partridge, Colin Moulding & Dave Gregory.