THE FUTURE BITES. ULTRA DELUXE MUSIC PRODUCT ON OBSOLETE MEDIA. LIMITED EDITION OF ONE. £10,000. All proceeds to Music Venue Trust.
In addition, new single 12 THINGS I FORGOT from THE FUTURE BITES is online everywhere now! Listen here: https://StevenWilson.lnk.to/12TIFSo
The ULTRA DELUXE MUSIC PRODUCT ON OBSOLETE MEDIA bespoke box includes the already announced deluxe box set of the album, and a plethora of additional exclusive music and artwork, hand-written lyrics, video props, and items of personal ephemera from Steven Wilson’s archive. A truly incredible and unique collector’s piece for one single collector!
Full contents are:
– A one sided 7 inch single containing the track THE TASTEMAKER, a song from the album sessions that will never be released anywhere else. Only ONE copy of this single has been pressed!
– Unique designer laptop bag as used in EMINENT SLEAZE video
– THE FUTURE BITES album test pressing
– EMINENT SLEAZE’ 12 inch single test pressing (with b-sides EYEWITNESS / IN FLORAL GREEN)
– 12 THINGS I FORGOT 12 inch single test pressing (with b-sides MOVE LIKE A FEVER / KING GHOST – TANGERINE DREAM REMIX)
– Hand-made CDR of a one-off 2016 soundcheck performance by the SW band of a cover version never otherwise performed live
– Steven’s Grammy nomination certificate and medal from 2011 for Grace For Drowning, which was nominated for best surround sound mix
– Printed materials used in the EMINENT SLEAZE video
– 6 x laminated AAA passes for various tours between 2011-18
– Polaroids taken during THE FUTURE BITES cover shoot photo session
– An original drawing of Steven Wilson by German artist Hajo Mueller
– Original lyric sheets for various songs written between 1996-2020. These are the actual sheets Steven used when recording the songs and they contain his corrections, notes and rejected lines. Included are Count of Unease, Follower, Eminent Sleaze, Salvaging, Veneno Para Las Hadas, Personal Shopper, The Raven that Refused to Sing, and Dark Matter.
All items are housed in their own bespoke folders and packaging, created especially for this single copy edition.
Steven Wilson: “The ultra edition of THE FUTURE BITES takes the whole notion of deluxe limited editions to its logical and extreme conclusion, by being just a premium priced single copy. This approach is more analogous with the world of art, where only one person can own the actual painting with the artist’s brush strokes on it. Many of the contents are things that in reality are impossible for me to put a price on.
“With regard to the 2 exclusive audio items included, it’s entirely up to the purchaser as to whether they decide to share, or keep them to themselves. Do they want to exhibit ‘the painting’, or put it on ‘display’ for everyone else?”
All proceeds from the sale of ULTRA DELUXE MUSIC PRODUCT ON OBSOLETE MEDIA will go directly to the Music Venue Trust to help save grassroots venues across the UK affected by COVID 19. Many of these are venues that Steven spent his formative years performing in.
“The first Porcupine Tree show was in a small club called The Nag’s Head in High Wycombe, in fact for the first ten years the band gigged solely in that subterranean world of clubs and pub venues. As someone who has never really been a part of the mainstream I can safely say I wouldn’t even be here without these venues and the people who run them. Live music is an inspiration and magical thing for so many people, so it’s essential we work now to save these places for future generations of both artists and fans.”
Beverley Whitrick, Strategic Director, Music Venue Trust adds, “Artists and grassroots music venues are intrinsically linked and MVT has been delighted by the many and varied ways in which artists have responded to our calls for support to #SaveOurVenues. Steven’s project is thought-provoking and unique. We are grateful for being involved.”